U.S. Army Garrison Hawaii
7/1/2008 - 8/31/2009
The study will include a documentation and review of existing structures to include seawalls, dams, rivers and streams at Army facilities in Hawaii (principally Schofield Barracks, Fort Shafter, Pilillau Army Recreation Center and Aliamanu Military Reservation). This will be followed by documentation and review of drainage areas. Provided with the above information, analyses will be performed to provide recommendations regarding existing structures and potential reuse of storm water. The scope of work is as follows:
1. Coordination. Work daily onsite in the US Army Garrison Hawaii Engineering Division to coordinate site visits, provide supporting materials such as maps and construction information.
2. Implementation. Incorporate and address the following items:
- Study existing storm water structures at US Army Garrison Hawaii.
- Obtain hydraulic information of basins.
- Provide analysis and recommendations
- Evaluate cost savings and rate of return of projects implementing storm water recycling or other reuse initiatives
- Develop GIS overlay of hydraulic information that will be used at the DPW.